Friday 28 August 2015

Benmore National Park


If you are in Argyll and pass by Benmore National Park, this is a really good place to visit.
You do have to pay for entry and there is concession prices (so bring your student ID!) but it is worth the entry of £6 for adults and £5 for students.



We were quite blessed with sunshine and we did arrive late morning.


Although we are in t-shirts, and it is sunny, it was actually quite cool.

However we battled it through (really the jackets were in the car and we were too lazy to turn back)


And yes, I was there too, although sometimes it just is easier to take pictures of the surrounding and of Will with the surroundings, rather than asking him constantly to take pictures of me!

The background is really just stunning and people. SCOTLAND.


And then... because it is Scotland, the sun went for a little hide and seek game.


Plenty of grey clouds, which is why there is no sunshine in the picture anymore. Boo.


However, I was not about to let anything rain on my parade (there was no rain) and so I posed for a picture regardless! (The green sticker on my t-shirt is just to show that we have paid for our entry tickets)


The grounds were really big and because we had another place to be by noon, we had to leave.


We did pop back after our appointment and this time we were slightly wiser and we put on an extra layer before we walked around the place.

There are 2 types of paths/roads, one which is the easier and the gravel one is more of a climb. We tried both and found them completely manageable.


It is an easy enough walk, even for city people and if you love nature, this is just a really lovely park.


I love this place so much, I wish I carried a huge DSLR to capture all these pictures for you guys.


Here is just Will forging ahead while I attempt to take pictures.

And we actually climbed all the way up to the Benmore Viewpoint, which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND

and this is the beautiful scenery which was impossible to capture, but breathtaking.


If you have any questions, feel free to ask away, I loved this place and would not think twice of revisiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment